Widening Access & Free Veterinary Resources
We guarantee a widening access place to students on every course that we run and provide free one-to-one tutoring in line with our advertised packages.
Personal Statement Review - 1 x Review
Reserved place at an MMI course or equivalent one-to-one session
- UK Home Student fee status
- Applying to study Medicine, Veterinary, Dentistry or a degree at Oxbridge
- One or more of the following:
- Low participation neighbourhoods (using POLAR data*)
- From areas of high deprivation
- From a low-income household
- From an ethnic minority groups
- Students with difficult individual circumstances
- Students from low-performing state schools and colleges.
*MediTutor uses nationally recognised indicators for deprivation using POLAR3 and/or POLAR4 data, using Quintiles 1 and 2; and/or an IMD score of 30 or less
How do I apply?
Please send the following two items to email@example.com
- Documentation/evidence of financial status
- Mini statement explaining your financial circumstances and why you’d benefit from our bursary (maximum 500 words)
Monday 1st January 2023
It takes time for us to review each application, and we want to make sure we address every single one fairly. Because of this, we aim to get back to you within two weeks of your application. All applications are strictly confidential.
Wishing you the very best of luck with your application!
Not eligible for a bursary or are applications closed? Your school can help!
We close our bursary applications in January each year. If you are too late, or are not eligible, students are often able to get financial support from their school to help pay for MediTutor support. We have done the work for you and drafted an email template you can use to print/send to your head of sixth form/college – just scroll down and we will email it to you!
Widening Access & Free Resources FAQs
Got some questions about our free resources and widening access services? You might just find the answer here. If not, you can always reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help
The entire team contributes to the development of our free resources from the Director of Veterinary Education, Dr Georgina Kivneen, to our senior veterinary tutors and even our successful applicants from the year just gone.
Students love free products! We provide a range of resources that we wish we had when we were applying to vet school. While we’ve priced our courses significantly lower than our competitors, we understand that the price might still be too high for some students, we look to support these students through our free resources and an unlimited number of bursaries.
Common things to include
- A strong introduction
- Why you want to study veterinary medicine
- Supra-Curricular: e.g., volunteering, research, books, online courses
- Extra-Curricular: e.g., sports, teamwork, leadership
- Ability to reflect on your work experience
- A strong conclusion
We don’t have a set quota per year, we offer help to as many students as possible each academic year. It can take upto 2 weeks to hear back from us regarding the success of your bursary application, please check your junk mail/spam folder if you have not heard back at two weeks.
Absolutely, all details of your application are confidential and any supplementary evidence is destroyed after the outcome of your bursary application.
The bursary applications are reviewed by either Dr Chuor (our widening access lead), Dr Georgina (our director of veterinary education) or Dr Shane (our managing director).
Firstly, sorry to hear that your application was unsuccessful. Each year we are inundated with applications and we do our best to help as many students as we can! We recommend the following options:
- Email your school/college: often schools may have some additional funding to support students from widening participation backgrounds, check out our email template (see above) that you can send to your head of sixth form/college.
- Flexible payment options: we offer discounted prices on our courses to unsuccessful applicants to our bursary, we offer these prices with flexible payment plans from 3-months to 12-months, with 0% interest.
If you’ve checked through all of our FAQs and you can’t find the answer to your question, you can get in touch with us with any general enquiries about all things via firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0800 689 0051.
MediTutor has been running since 2020 when COVID, we started with a small team of 3 tutors and have now rapidly grown to a team of over 100+ tutors. MediTutor ran the UK’s first veterinary MMI course in 2021.
Your details are safe and will never be sold to any other person or company.
The team at MediTutor are very proud of our reviews, check us out on Google Reviews, Trustpilot or ask around on The Student Room(TSR) if you don’t believe us ☺
We don’t want money to be a barrier to higher education, and while we’ve priced our courses significantly lower than our competitors, we understand that the price might still be too high for some students. That’s why we offer several bursaries to students for whom entry to higher education is a realistic prospect but who, for whatever reason, would find it difficult to attend our courses on financial grounds. In 2021-22, we provided over £1000 worth of courses, tutorials and personal statement reviews to students from a widening access background.
Read more about our bursary above.
All the information you need is above! Please note – applications close on the 1st January